Poll: And the winner is....
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Entry 1 (Left Image)
16.67%
1 16.67%
Entry 2 (Right Image)
83.33%
5 83.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poorest Chef Contest! - Voting
01-10-2013, 08:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-17-2013, 06:44 AM by Sevion.)
Poorest Chef Contest! - Voting
Vote on the winning entry

1 -------- 2
#1 Roman Noodles and Parmesan Cheese
#2 Fried rice w/ mixed vegies in a soya sauce, rammen noodles with steemed veg and juliened sausage sauted in soya, and boiled mixed veg with butter.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

01-17-2013, 03:50 AM,
RE: Poorest Chef Contest! - Voting
Entry 2
01-17-2013, 06:46 AM,
I have to hand it to entry 2
01-17-2013, 02:21 PM,
Seeing as how the contest rules state that you couldn't spend more than $5, my vote is for entry #1.
01-17-2013, 05:54 PM,
I would imagine that at least the serving on that plate costs well under $5 and still falls into the confines of the rules.
01-18-2013, 03:45 AM,
(01-17-2013, 02:21 PM)Phreak Wrote: Seeing as how the contest rules state that you couldn't spend more than $5, my vote is for entry #1.

considering a pound of white rice is 20 cents, and to each pound there 2 cups. each cup of rice once cooked yielding 4 cups of cooked rice, which is about 4* the amount possibly on that plate. But lets be insane and say theres 4 whole cups of rice on that plate cooked.

thats about 10 cents worth of rice.

Then i see mixed vegetables , which are 1.27 for a 1 kg bag, cant be more then a cup of mixed vegetables on that plate, theres 5 cups in 1 kg, lets say they used an entire cup of mixed veggies which seems generous from whats seen on that plate.

thats approx 25 cents

Then i see sausages, pork sausage is 2.99$ for a pack of 6 at the grocery store, now i only see 5 or 6 slices on that plate but lets just go retarded here and say theres 2 whole suasages on that plate, thats 50 cents per sausage * 2

Thats 1$ in sausage.

then theres rammen noodles which was agreed is worth 15 cents.

if u you wish to figure out the miniscule prices of the spices you can but ill be generous and amount the smallest amount of spices used to a whole 1$ which is prob 5X more then their worth.

lets add that all up.

1$
1$
25 C
10 C
15 C
Thats a total of $2.50
Just a fair reminder, if your going to call a contestant out based on rules, at least have justification for doing so, when you could have done some basic math and figured this out for yourself.

So i guess my vote will be for #2 since it took more thought, and work then cooking noodles and throwing some parm cheese on it.
01-24-2013, 05:40 AM,
Winner is contestent 2;

sinfull

You have $50 game credit to spend email me or msg me in game or here or just about anywhere to spend it.
02-07-2013, 07:10 PM,
And for my record, this has been passed out.
02-09-2013, 11:53 PM,
So I know its late, but I figured I'd share it anyway. Didn't get pics cause all our phones were dead lol

Bacon chicken ramen stirfry thing
Bacon is optional really, I just had some in the freezer I could throw in

Step1: Cook bacon
Step1a: Open 2 packages of ramen, don't crush the noodles
Step2: Boil 1 package of ramen to nice fully boiled ramen, once half boiled, put one packet of flavor in the water.
Step3: Drain all the water, if you did it right, noodles should be orangish from packet filled water.
Step4: I had bacon grease so I used some of it, but I put extra oil in the pan. Didn't spice it or add stir fry/soy sauce, just winged it really. Add whatever on top of the oil as it heats. I put half the next packet of flavor on top of the oil.
Step4a: If you fried bacon, crush what you have into a bowl/measuring cup [I munched all the bacon, only had 4 pieces for this. Be ready to pour half the bacon into the pan
Step5: I steamed up some spring vegetable mix, and had it ready to throw on top of the noodles to mix
Step6: Once the oil is hot and pre-seasoned, and everything is ready, drop the noodles into the pan. And move em around till they are kinda fried
Step7: Drop the bacon into the middle [layer the noodles flat onto the pan] and cover and flip around. Repeat with the vegetables, and mix up.
Step8: Flavor accordingly during cooking, once noodles are to your liking, pull them out of the pan, and into a bowl.
Step9: Munch the fuck out.

If you don't have Bacon, you can throw a can of chicken into the stir fry ($2) for extra flavor and munch. Throw whatever in, the possibilities are practically endless.

In total without bacon or chicken it costs only $3-4 for ramen and vegetables.

I have some 'Oriental' ramen too, probably gonna repeat this today with that, will probably report back too.