Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost Mine Mimic
08-11-2013, 07:55 AM,
Ghost Mine Mimic
Ok as it stands, only about 4 active people can take on these monstrosities. I understand this beast was made mostly for higher level players, but the thing is these players do not even need to kill monsters to spawn it, they can just sit idle all day and have the players of the game do the work for them, especially those who actually put in the time and effort to get 10s of thousands of kills a day.

I have personally summoned this creature many times and have given 1 player over $200+ of grab bags in the last two weeks alone.

I propose that the summoning of this beast be changed.

Only those with keys would be able to summon it first of all, this keeps the key in demand. Next these beasts would be private beasts, only shown to the player that summoned them. Now as for a twist, maybe some kind of algorithm could be written so that the beast is actually hidden until the player that summoned it is on the tile it was summoned at, this is so players who can't kill the beast or don't want to can 'sell' the beast to the higher level players and encourages more bartering plus bolsters newer weaker players which will keep them playing and sustaining the game.

An alternative to this hidden beast idea would be to put in a command like /mimic or something that will kill the beast if the player is unable to kill it, granting nothing to anyone just removing the beast.

These beasts just give too much SD and CC to the higher level players and furthers the gap between them and normal players. This idea is attempting to remedy that so that this game remains relatively competitive among many players instead of the top 4 or 5.

Another idea I was thinking about was having an option in preferences to turn off the summoning of such beasts, that way players can turn it on and kill them when they are able to, while at the same time keeping the elite players from leeching off the time and effort the other players of the game devote to it.

Any other suggestions or tweaks or criticisms to this idea are much appreciated.
08-11-2013, 02:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2013, 02:04 PM by narfly.)
RE: Ghost Mine Mimic
Quote:Ok as it stands, only about 4 active people can take on these monstrosities.

Your wrong. there are more then 4 people that have killed them.

Quote:especially those who actually put in the time and effort to get 10s of thousands of kills a day.

yes because the people who can kill them easily havnt spent time in game clicking and killing and shit. we just woke up one morning and boom were powerful.

Quote:Another idea I was thinking about was having an option in preferences to turn off the summoning of such beasts, that way players can turn it on and kill them when they are able to, while at the same time keeping the elite players from leeching off the time and effort the other players of the game devote to it.

if you going to be stupid about it. Then that should apply to all beast. If you can choose to not randomly spawn a mimic chest. then i should be able choose to not spawn any beast for anyone. I cant kill a mimic chest so im not gonna spawn any for anyone. Since I already got my SR today then im going to turn off the ability to spawn SR's so no one else can any from me. And then i also want the ability to make it so any votes I make on apex only effect drops of the people I want it to effect.

Quote:An alternative to this hidden beast idea would be to put in a command like /mimic or something that will kill the beast if the player is unable to kill it, granting nothing to anyone just removing the beast

then i require a command like that to kill any beast I spawn so no one else can kill them.

Do you listen to yourself Tilferious?
08-11-2013, 05:00 PM,
value
n
1. the desirability of a thing, often in respect of some property such as usefulness or exchangeability: worth, merit, or importance.

That destroys your argument on other beasts.

You failed to comprehend a word in my first sentence: Active.

Your third and forth arguments are straw man arguments, which are logical fallacies.

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/strawman.html
10-13-2013, 08:00 AM,
Maybe you should be more active to be able to kill these beasts too. There are more than 4 people who are able to kill them, but they're all active. These beasts are not very common spawns, even with 10s of thousands of kills.

Kthx.
~Sexy
10-14-2013, 10:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-14-2013, 10:20 AM by Sevion.)
Theres Undead Assassins that can drop Item Mall sized grab bags that anyone can kill and does not require a key purchase or completion of a rather lengthy quest. Also most that can hunt mimics dont bother with undead assassins.

The mimic can drop as few as 1 of each resource and is a rather rare spawn (There was a bug that they spawned more commonly than they should have but this was corrected months ago). These higher level players that can kill these also need 15k SD per month to reborn cap so its a drop in the bucket to them...

So theres two beasts that can drop grab bags so I really dont see the reason for any complaints of the mimics at all...

There will never be a option to turn off spawns... Thats probably the most absurd suggestion I've ever heard I'm sure you dont want people turning off BSoD/Creator spawns when your hunting that set and they have it completed...