Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tradeskills
03-01-2014, 01:21 PM,
Tradeskills
Would be great if the game had a tradeskills we could work on that would benefit other aspects of the game.
Just brainstorming ideas:
Mining could give jewels of various types and quality that would boost equipment stats.
Farming could increase the number of peons able to living on land
Blacksmithing could increase success chance of creating equips(from enchanter, master crafter, crazy citizen) as well as increase attack of riflemen.

What do you guys think?
03-04-2014, 01:22 AM,
RE: Tradeskills
I do like these ideals, how shall they be implemented? As skills are now or make them something you must work on with special actions?
03-05-2014, 01:04 PM,
I think special actions might work better. Otherwise, older players will get bored of the feature if it caps out too quickly with SoS. So something like killing a mob but with different drop down lists. Maybe have the skills level based? So if you work on mining for example, it could take 1000 mining exp to get to level 1 mining, and increasing per level but also allowing players to mine better areas for better exp and rewards.
05-26-2015, 05:07 AM,
Tradeskilling is actually a concept in a slightly similar but less complicated game that I used to play.

For example:

Farming -
  • Gather crops - 1 Difficulty - 95% success
  • Cull animals - 2 Difficulty - 85% success
  • Harvest fruit - 3 Difficulty - 75% success
  • Chase runaway cow - 4 Difficulty - 65% success

The success rate of each could go up slightly as you become more experienced with that particular tradeskill, but never reaching 100%. There has to be at least some chance to fail. Smile

You could think of similar tasks for "Mining" and "Woodcraft" and anything similar. These resources could then become required in addition to others for later upgrades in the game, such as land upgrades or clan upgrades. After all, you have to feed the builders who build your land up for you... right?!
05-26-2015, 06:07 AM,
If i want tradeskills Ill go play WoW lol
05-26-2015, 06:17 AM,
Sure, but here we're talking about adding more things to do to the game for everyone rather than clicking away at mobs all day.

Autos could be brought into tradeskilling too maybe with some kind of reduced exp penalty.