Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guild Coins
01-19-2015, 07:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-20-2015, 01:13 PM by FlufflePuff.)
Guild Coins
At the moment there's not much to spend guild coins on and there's a ridiculous amount of them laying around. They are a direct translation from credits so it means that credits at the moment are completely useless.

Instead, how about removing guild coins from the list of resources required and only using Cash Credits, Shard Dust, Prismatic Stone, Crafting Stones, and Phials of Blood.
But we can have Guild coins as an exchangeable resource for the other stuff.

In most games gold coins is always the default currency that can buy almost anything. As guild funding, the Guild Coins can be looked into as the same way. We can set up some sort of exchange table.

10:1 Crafting Stone
15:1 Prismatic Stone
15:1 Enchanted Timber
25:1 Phials of Vampire Blood
30:1 Shard Dust
50:1 Cash Credits

This way we won't have an enormous amount of guild coins remaining while also making credits more valuable.
This would develop a major credit sink as well as it would also be utilizing the banking system. With an actual value placed back on credits it would become a source of trading material rather then laying around getting dusty.

Due to this and to prevent guilds to growing exponentially due to their mass amount of guild coins, we should change the conversion rate of credits to guild coins.
1quint per 1guild coin or something. 100quad is a joke for those at the top and would spiral the guild bonuses out of control.

Edit - Haha, silly me, why change the value of the amount of credits required to purchase each guild coin when it could be as simple as changing the exchange rate.
01-19-2015, 07:38 AM,
RE: Guild Coins
Best suggestion I have seen in a while, I agree something like this would be great
01-19-2015, 04:31 PM,
RE: Guild Coins
I like the idea, but with the ammounts of credits some players have may have to do a limit to how much you can change from gold to GC per 24 hours or somthing